Sunday 15 April 2012

Friday the 13th....

...it sure was for me!!!  After nearly 8 years of working for this small Engineering firm in their office I was made redundant along with 2 of the blokes in the workshop.  The work load has become less and less over the last 2 years so this isn't a complete surprise to me but yet again it was in some ways.  I have always worked only part time mainly due to the fact that I am a mum.  And the other reason was my choice as I think working full time would have turned me into a serious nut job!!!  So TOF bless is heart has always supported my decision to be a part timer.  We have never taken my earnings into the equation rather lived of his calling it the cake and me bringing home the icing!!  But of late the cake hasn't been getting a lot of icing.  So with me about to be UNEMPLOYED we will survive.  So now what??

Well I have mainly worked in clerical positions but spent a few years as a teacher aid and really I am quite open to anything with in reason.  I think I would be good at 0900 talk dirty!!  Or dressing up in black and whipping some man on his #@*& while he asks for forgiveness!!  BUT!!!!  Maybe not.





One thing for sure is I am not about to let it get on top of me!!











I might just take some time to sit back and think about it!!












I haven't even felt any sadness or anything over it!!












I will have plenty of time to go looking for the next adventure in my working life and who knows where I will find it!!






I have a few ideas and an interesting offer already to follow up on and consider!!











So watch this space, goodness knows what I will do next but I am  prepared to think out of the box!  I may be ever so close to being 50 but I am by know means finished!!

4 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Love the little pics! :D Just make sure it stays part time luv! I can't miss out on me Suesdays!! :D

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Happy belated Friday the 13th! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your job loss, although you seem to be taking it quite well.

Helga said...

Bloody downsizing,there's a lot of it going on.Our company is continually doing it,and G and I reckon we're probably looking at about 5 more years,tops.Sometimes this sort of thing turns out to be a blessing in disguise,and you'll likely land on your feet.Especially with the support of TOF.Besides,a fabulously amusing,gregarious and wonderful person like yourself will ALWAYS be in demand!Your attitude to this is ideal,and it'll all work out,just wait and see!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX