Saturday 12 May 2012

My love of books and bobs.....

Today has been one of those nice autumn days where the sun has shone brightly but we have a cool breeze.  I was sitting in my rocking chair on my deck in the sun whittling, no watching TOF  potter about, (because now that I am 50 it's what you do) and remembered there was a big book fair on this weekend.  Every year one of the Rotary Clubs holds a 3 day book fair at the race course.  As luck would have it said race course is only a hop skip and a jump, or a quick jaunt in the car from my place.  TOF politely declined the offer to come with me so off I went.

 It was a ginormous, humugos,  egantic, well actually a good size venue and was so well laid out that you can just head to the spot that is of interest to you.

I have been watching a series on TV on Italian Renaissance Gardens with Monty Don and its been fantastic.  It took me back to my high school days of studying Art and Art History.  Got me thinking and wanting to read again on such things from the past.

The biggest joke about this lot of books is that the Michelangelo one is all in a foreign language so totally unreadable for me.  The pictures are great but I shall take it to the Habitat for Humanity shop so they can on sell it.


The Garden book is a History of Gardens from around the world and there is an entire section on the gardens I have just toured with Monty Don from the comfort of my couch!!!  The other one is on Italian houses, and I think now Italy will have to be added onto my bucket list.

All the books were only $3 each and I so could have got more but my poor OLD arms were getting quite tired lugging just the ones I had grabbed.



When I got home there was a parcel in my mail box.  A pair of shoes I got off trade me.  Orange Mary Jane style shoes.  They have pale lime stitching and dots and flowers on the straps.  I am in love with them.




TOF is currently have a nana nap, or should that be a poppa nap, but I shall be giving him a nudge and waking him soon as I need his help with collecting a garden bench seat that I got off trade me. Plus I have a book on Leonardo Da Vinci that I am picking up as well.   I shall try to remember these for show and tell for you all maybe tomorrow.

♥  Hope the sun is shining in your part of the earth ♥

3 comments:

Helga said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!
Just been catching up,I usually do it at work,but the internet has been down!How RUDE!
SO pleased you had a wonderful birthday!!!Just as you deserve on your big 5-0.....not that you look it AT ALL!!!! You got bloody spoilt rotten!And I'm pleased you had your b'day way and got some family pix;those boys of yours are opretty damned hunky...lucky I don;t go for toy boys,or I'd be there in a flash!! (I like my men well seasoned!)
I love the green rabbit fur scarf,and your Tamsin Cooper brooch is similar to one my sister sent me a while back!
The orange Mary Jane's are heavenly!
I do love a book sale normally,but didn't go to the rotary one down here this year.And I'm CRAY over that Indian embroidered brolly!!!SQUEE!
It's all rather splendid!!!
But of COURSE,so are YOU!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Ooh oh oh (Homer style) booooks! Shoes.....stuffff....Trade me...more stuff...oh oh oh (Homer stye again!)

Vix said...

I loved that Monty Don series, wasn't it fabulous? It's not very rock 'n' roll but I'm rather a fan of Gardener's World!!
Love those cute shoes.
Have you read any of Sarah Dunnant's novels? They are set in Renaissance Italy and absolutely wonderful. x