Wednesday 10 April 2013

I stayed true to my word

My Halo is on as are my wings because I am so saintly!!  I actually did what I said I was going to do and I baked and potted and volunteered....OMG!!!  So not like me to follow through with a plan, so excuse me while I pat myself on my back and take a wee bow. Righty-o then!
The Red enamel jug got potted up first thing this morning.  With violets and succulents.  Of course my gorgeous gloves were used as they are far to gorgeous not to be used.  The Red jug had a wee photo op on Tex's chair in the sun in his absence, with my freshly laundered crochet rug I picked up for $5 last week.  Then the Red jug got placed in the spot it is going to live in and it is going to look fabulous!!
TOF had a job up Auckland way last week and came home with more Capsicums but Red ones this time.  Last time they were Yellow.  So more Capsicum Jelly was made the other day and today I sliced and diced and vacuum sealed the last remaining ones and they are now in the freezer.  Excellent for adding to meals during winter for a bit of ZING!!
With my Halo and wings firmly in place I ventured off and did my volunteer gig at the SPCA Op Shop.  Really nice, well organised and super lovely ladies.  Definitely will go back weekly and do my bit.  When I got home I set to and made the Dog Biscuits, following my googled recipe almost exactly, except for adding in some rolled oats.  Both the dogs have done the inaugural taste test and sat looking at the rest cooling on the wire rack. Success or typical bottomless pit dogs??  If you want the recipe just let me know if you leave me a comment and I shall be only to happy to share.

Off to have a cuppa with TOF

3 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Saint Sue! That's what ya are! :D

Unknown said...

HOly bejayzus you are a frickin SAINT, is what you are!

Saint Sue of the Holy Order of Domestic Awesomeness!

Sarah xxx

Vix said...

You are a total saint, I can tell just by looking at you! Gimme some of that jam! x