Monday 1 July 2013

Spot of ballooning

Yesterday I went over to my eldest sons flat to do a spot of decorating.  One of his flatties was away in Oz (arriving back tonight) and turned 21 while he was there.  So me being me I went to a dirty old $2 shop and got birthday decorations to pimp out his bedroom for his welcome home surprise.
I would love to be there when he walks in on this!!!  With the help of two of the other flatties we blew up 50 happy birthday balloons, which we taped to the walls, the ceiling, attached to the handles on his chest of draws, poked them into his wardrobe, hung a couple of banners then stuck a message on his mirror.  Nothing like mixing up the words to get a totally different birthday message, HIPPY BATHDAY!! Oh and lets not forget the gold king glasses!!  He will love it!!!  My sons think I am nuts, their mates think I am FUN!!!
The very gorgeous Red head, Ninja Puss (the flat's cat) and the mature Blonde!
After having a bath last night Oscar settled on wearing tartan to relax on the couch for the evening!  Not only did he look cute he smelled lovely.
Today I worked in the shop and it was a fabulous busy day even though the weather didn't quite match.  I used my new bag which I love too much and wore my glorious purple boots, with black leggings, my birthday dress of colours and layers with my Cerise Boiled wool coat.  I was toasty warm and colourful.  Speaking of colourful, I met some colourful characters in the shop today.  That is the very best part of my  Monday job, the people that come in.  Not your run of the mill folk,(well some are) but interesting unique friendly people.   Too much fun!!

1 comment:

Helga said...

Ha, awesome decorating job!!! The gold glasses cap it right off! I'd be thrilled to bits to come into that!
I adore those purple boots, lady...grrrr, might have to steal 'em! That bag is so fab and so perfect with everything! I think I want that too..............!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX