Saturday 28 September 2013

My babies got Inked today

Before we had our Max we had three miscarriages.  I can remember feeling like a total failure and thinking I would never be a mother, and we were almost going to buy some land and fill it with animals for me to mother.  This was a dark time in my life, enduring chromosome testing, and well meaning people telling me these babies just weren't meant to be, maybe next time.  As luck would have it we finally had our darling Max who we shared with two couples of good friends that were going through there own baby making dramas at the time.  Between Max and Jak we suffered another loss, but somehow this one wasn't as hard to deal with as we still had our baby boy.  I have always been convinced that these babies would have been girls, as my survivors are boys.  I am ever grateful and very happy to be the mum to my two gorgeous young men and know one day I shall be surrounded with grandchildren but I shall be called "Sue" or "Granna Sue" and I am going to have so much fun with these babies when they arrive!!  For a very long time I have wanting to get a Tattoo for all my children, so after drawing and doodling for what has felt like a life time I finally had it.  My Tattoo friend Jason gave my idea a few tweeks and this morning I got inked!!

Angel wings for my babies that are not in this world, then hearts to represent my lovely TOF and our two boys.  I am stoked beyond belief and it didn't hurt!!  I was so nervous before going, worrying that I might make a giant tit out of myself and cry or faint or something equally odd.  But no, piece of cake.  In fact such a piece of cake I had another tiny finger tattoo done as well.


On my photo taking finger so you all now exactly what to do when I am taking your photo!!

I love this quote, and it is for my babies, you never forget what you lose, believe me.


6 comments:

The Webbers living a life at the beach said...

Beautiful ♥ Crying now of course

Kay said...

Awww.. this brought tears to my eyes too.

Helga said...

O, sweetheart,I'm way bloody touched.....such pain and sorrow, yet such joy! Love LOVE the tattoo, both of 'em, and you are a total LOVE.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(I's really like to give you a great big squeeze and a little pash)

Peaches McGinty said...

such a sweet poem, means something to me too, I am now in bits! it's cool though! your tattoo is beautiful! I love it, and the 'smile' tat, so cool x x

Denise said...

Oh, I love it!! I've been trying to decide what to do for my 'angel' baby - I think she was a girl, too. Plan to have my four boys names on my arm for my next tattoo.

OP SHOP MAMA said...

Awesome! x