Sunday 22 April 2018

What made me happy this week - 16/52

Some weeks it is hard to narrow down what it is that made me happy as so much in life does.  So here are my two favourites for the week.

I got the opportunity to 'play with clay' a week ago and play I did.  Such a satisfying thing to do, getting a block of clay and pounding it on the bench to soften it before creating.  I had an idea, quite a fishy one at that.

Once my fish were made they had to take a few days to dry naturally.  Then I went back to choose colours before they were put into one of Dawns kilns to cook. Once they were done cooking at incredibly high temps, I went back to do a black wash over my colours and then put the final glaze, the one that makes them shiny!! 

I am so stoked with how they all turned out
and of course some of them
have made it to that
Wall of Whimsy. 

Then today TOF and I (who by the way is doing really well) went for a drive to see some friends of ours in the country whose beautiful cat gave birth to 7 adorable kittens a few weeks back. 

OMG SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!

Why does anything in it's baby state makes you just go all smooshy and silly.  I could have quite easily run off with at least 3 or 4 of these adorable bundles of fluff, but with great restraint and that certain look from TOF, photos were enough.

JUST A THOUGHT
worth sharing

 

11 comments:

Nancy J said...

Restrained by TOF!!! And only 3 or 4!!! They are indeed so cute when kittens. Glad the man is doing well, and your pottery? I can see a new career starting, they are fantastic.

Polyester Princess said...

Glad to hear TOF is doing well and that so many things made you happy this week! Your clay fish are fantastic! xxx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful creations...good to hear TOF is well.....love those kittens.

chris. said...

Great creations Sue, awww such cute kittens, leave them there, how did you do that??? Can I have the one bottom left please, I'm sure my German Shepherd Max will love to play with that one. Love the last poem, oh if I could just leave it, unfortunately I have one son who has allergies, and dust I must :-) Oh hang on cats are out of the question here to, Oh I wish he had been allergic to other things instead of cats and dust Have a great week, glad to hear TOF is going well. Chris xoxo

sallyhicks said...

What fun playing with clay and such success. I just want a bunch of kitties. Really like the poem. So true. Glad Toff getting better. Xxx

Kiwionholidays said...

Lovely busy time you have had,. Your fish creations stunning Its lovely to have some,,, I made",,, stuff on display to enjoy!!"

Love the wee poem at the bottom lol

Happy for you both TOF is on the mend and can get out and about and enjoy things too...

Beth Waltz said...

Delighted that TOF is feeling up to excursions and keeping your hobby of acquiring felines in check!

"Dust if you must" is being added to my funeral planning file. My niece-the-lawyer has required that every adult have their papers in order. This bit will make her smile (after she *puffs* the dust off the box containing the papers).

Julie said...

Love your fish Sue ... such a clever idea. Those kittens .... OH MY!!! Such bundles of cuteness. Pleased TOF is doing so much better.

Mim said...

Your fish are brilliant Sue, but OMG KITTENS! Nothing will ever be better than kittens. Apart from possibly clay fish *and* kittens?...

Bibi Maizoon said...

Love those artsy/mod fish. Kitties!!!Ponder the difference between want & need ;)

cocoya said...

Glad to hear TOF is doing well and that so many things made you happy this week! Your clay fish are fantastic! xxx
สล็อต ออนไลน์